Call for Expressions of Interest: Co-Chair of the Translational Research Committee October 2023
SkIN Canada is seeking Expressions of Interest to serve as Co-Chair of the Translational Research Committee.
The mandate of the committee includes:
- Supporting translational studies and the development of new skin-related biobanks.
- Sharing best practices and developing standard operating procedures that govern the nation-wide sharing of specimens.
- Promoting standardized data collection and processing of biospecimens.
The role/responsibilities of the Co-Chair are:
- To provide leadership for translational research involving biospecimen collection within the Network
- To direct activities of the committee in support of translational research.
- To chair virtual meetings of the committee.
- To serve on the Steering Committee of SkIN Canada.
- To promote committee activities and SkIN Canada across the broader research community.
The Translational Research Committee meets primarily online. Committee members will not be compensated.
Candidates are required to demonstrate their understanding of the importance of translational research and biobanking, and an ability to work collaboratively with the Committee and other SkIN Canada members. Applicants are asked to submit their Curriculum Vitae and a 1-page Expression of Interest letter outlining the applicant’s relevant experience, expertise, and anticipated contribution to the Committee.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com for review by the Executive Committee by December 15, 2023.