Latest news and announcements
SkIN Canada visits LOEX
SkIN Canada researchers met together on June 23-24 during the Canadian Dermatology Association meeting in Québec City. For this occasion, SkIN Canada Managing Director Professor An-Wen Chan delivered a talk at the LOEX (Laboratoire d’Organogenèse EXpérimentale), a center of excellence of Université Laval, located at the Centre de Recherche du CHU de Québec-Université Laval.
SkIN Canada Strategy Meeting
Eighteen SkIN Canada researchers from across the country met in Québec City on June 24 to review the progress of the network and discuss future directions. The goal was to brainstorm ideas to implement over the next 6 years. Four key areas were discussed:
- Catalyzing multicentre research teams
- Advancing patient engagement
- Training the next generation of skin researchers
- Promoting open science
The meeting discussion reflected a range of researcher and patient perspectives relevant to basic, clinical, health services, and translational research. The ideas generated will shape ongoing discussions about SkIN Canada’s upcoming renewal application for the CIHR network grant in skin health.
SkIN Canada is accepting applications for Team Development Grants!
Deadline: September 5, 2022
Apply to develop a novel multi-centre collaboration.
SkIN Canada Training Committee Update
Skin Canada training committee has been buzzing in the past months with discussions of introducing more education initiatives, in addition to its quarterly webinar series, the last of which was held in May 2022 on the topic of Scarring/Fibrosis.
Training Committee Upcoming Events
- Webinar on the topic of Multi-omics for Spatial Imaging of Tissues and Cells to be held in late September 2022.
- Mobility Awards for Trainees to support opportunities to conduct research in other labs in Canada or abroad, for short periods of time- To be announced in the Fall.
- Trainee Travel awards to attend National or international conferences to present skin research-related findings – To be announced in the Fall.
- The Annual Trainee Workshops to be held in Toronto, in November 2022 jointly with the SRGC annual conference.
Other news and announcements
CIHR IMHA's Patient Engagement in Research Modules
A How-to-Guide for Patient Engagement in Research
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research’s (CIHR) Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis (IMHA) has developed a set of online, self-directed, free modules applicable to any research where patient-partners are engaged! The modules are available at this link: https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/
For any questions and feedback please contact: Dr. Dawn Richards by email: email@example.com
THINC Funding Opportunity
We’re pleased to inform you that the THINC Implementation Science Team Grants launched on July 26, 2022.
IMHA has committed to two (2) funding pools:
- $6,000,000 is available to fund three (3) applications relevant to the care of patients covered within the IMHA mandate pool (co-funded with SPOR) and
- $2,000,000 is available to fund one (1) application relevant to the Health Services and Policy pool (co-funded with IHSPR and SPOR).
Cochrane Skin Annual Meeting September 2022
Registration is now open for the Cochrane Skin Virtual Meeting taking place September 15 and 16, 2022. We have an excellent lineup of international speakers on various topics, including network meta-analysis, automation in systematic reviews and living guidelines. More information about the meeting, including the invited speakers, can be found here:
How do I publish a paper? For publication teams including patient partners
A publicly accessible web database containing information on skin researchers in Canada
Join Our Network
Join SkIN Canada to receive all updates and our newsletters/ bulletins
Submit news items and articles for our quarterly newsletter and monthly e-bulletin! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (C) 2022 SkIN Canada. All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are on our mailing list.
Our mailing address is:
Toronto, ON M5S 1B2