Latest news and announcements
2023 Team Development Awards
The call for proposals for the 2023 Team Development Awards has been launched.
May 1, 2023
2023 Trainee Awards
SkIN Canada is offering Travel awards and Mobility awards for trainees to present their work at a conference or visit another lab.
May 15 and October 15 every year
Master Network Agreement
SkIN Canada has launched a Master Network Membership Agreement that defines terms for data sharing, data banking, and publication. This comprehensive agreement has been developed in consultation with institutional contracts offices. It allows SkIN Canada members from academic and community sites to exchange data for future studies without needing to re-negotiate a data sharing agreement with every new study. The Master Agreement will help to mitigate the start-up delays that are commonly encountered with multicentre projects.
Email email@example.com to sign up or obtain more information.
Dr. Lucie Germain
Dr. Lucie Germain (chirurgie et génie tissulaire, Université Laval) was awarded the Prix Acfas Léo-Pariseau in biological and health sciences.
Sponsored by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research
Dr. Philipe Lefrançois
Dr. Lefrançois (Lady Davis Institute, McGill University and Jewish General Hospital) was one of four early career researchers awarded the inaugural 2022 Clinician-Scientist Award funded by the Marathon of Hope Cancer Centres Network.
Understanding the genomic and cellular landscapes of advanced basal cell carcinoma (BCC)
Dr. Jorge-Ryan Georgakopoulos
Dr. Georgakopoulos (University of Toronto) and his supervisor Dr. An-Wen Chan received a resident operating grant from the PSI Foundation for the multicentre SkIN Canada project entitled ‘Follow-up of Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma (FOCS): A Multicentre Retrospective Cohort Study.
Want to publicize an award or honour in a future SkIN Canada bulletin?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
New publications by members
- Prenatal antibiotic use and subsequent risk of atopic eczema.
Vance TM, Li T, Cho E, Drucker AM, Camargo CA, Qureshi AA.
Br J Dermatol. 2022 Dec 27:ljac108. doi: 10.1093/bjd/ljac108. Online ahead of print. PMID: 36689333 No abstract available.
- Review of dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans. Lim SX, Ramaiya A, Levell NJ, Venables ZC. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2022 Dec 10:llac111. doi: 10.1093/ced/llac111. Online ahead of print. PMID: 3663036
- The sound of silence: where are the voices of patients in eczema guideline development? Capozza K, Vastrup A, Proctor A, Roberts A, Picozza M, Manion R, Talent C, Hering M, Merhand S, Funk M, Tullos KZ, Arents BWM. Br J Dermatol. 2022 Dec;187(6):1005-1006. doi: 10.1111/bjd.21822. Epub 2022 Sep 2. PMID: 36052766 No abstract available.
- Safety of tralokinumab in adult patients with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis: pooled analysis of five randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase II and phase III trials. Simpson EL, Merola JF, Silverberg JI, Reich K, Warren RB, Staumont-Sallé D, Girolomoni G, Papp K, de Bruin-Weller M, Thyssen JP, Zachariae R, Olsen CK, Wollenberg A. Br J Dermatol. 2022 Dec;187(6):888-899. doi: 10.1111/bjd.21867. Epub 2022 Oct 26. PMID: 36082590 Clinical Trial.
- Dupilumab Treatment in Adults with Moderate-to-Severe Atopic Dermatitis is Efficacious Regardless of Age of Disease Onset: a Post Hoc Analysis of Two Phase 3 Clinical Trials. Silverberg JI, Boguniewicz M, Hanifin J, Papp KA, Zhang H, Rossi AB, Levit NA. Dermatol Ther (Heidelb). 2022 Dec;12(12):2731-2746. doi: 10.1007/s13555-022-00822-x. Epub 2022 Oct 21. PMID: 36269503 Free PMC article.
- British Royalty and Aristocracy: Their skin maladies Part I. Winston Churchill: Wartime skin graft donor. Singh D, Levell NJ, Parish LC, Hoenig LJ. Clin Dermatol. 2022 Nov-Dec;40(6):665-670. doi:10.1016/j.clindermatol. 2022.07.005. Epub 2022 Jul 28. PMID: 35907575
- Dermatographism in popular culture. Russell AP, Gailey JH, Abdulkarim B, Levell NJ, Parish LC, Hoenig LJ. Clin Dermatol. 2022 Nov-Dec;40(6):768-772. doi: 10.1016/j.clindermatol.2022.08.006. Epub 2022 Aug 7. PMID: 35948238
- Draping in Dermatology: A Patient’s Perspective. Cyr J, Choi B, Melkis J, Gresham L, Huang CM, Beecker J. J Cutan Med Surg. 2022 Nov-Dec;26(6):569-574. doi: 10.1177/12034754221119502. Epub 2022 Aug 21. PMID: 35993425 Free PMC article.
- The Role of Interleukins in the Pathogenesis of Dermatological Immune-Mediated Diseases.Turchin I, Bourcier M. Adv Ther. 2022 Oct;39(10):4474-4508. doi: 10.1007/s12325-022-02241-y. Epub 2022 Aug 23. PMID: 35997892 Free PMC article. Review.
News from other organizations
Training opportunities in science communication
CIHR is offering several training opportunities in science communication.
- Free of charge for participants
- Available to health researchers across Canada.
- Career stages ranging from graduate students to senior researchers.
- Offered as webinars, either using Zoom or MS Teams.
Join SkIN Canada
A publicly accessible web database containing information on skin researchers in Canada
Join Our Network
Join SkIN Canada to receive all updates and our newsletters/ ebulletins
Submit news items and articles for our quarterly newsletter and monthly e-bulletin! Please contact email@example.com
Copyright (C) 2022 SkIN Canada. All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you are on our mailing list.
Our mailing address is:
Toronto, ON M5S 1B2